Gymnastics Meet at University of Georgia (Athens)


Last Sunday, I met up with a high school friend of mine, Aleta, at UGA in Athens to watch her daughter, Nikki (shown above), compete in a gymnastics meet.  It was a pleasure to watch Nikki (and her teammates) compete against 3 other schools from FL, GA and NC.


I was amazed at how powerful and how unbelievably gutsy these kids are as they push their bodies to find their center of gravity...



... AND to defy gravity!



Lighting conditions were far from ideal and I wasn't prepared for how fast the whole thing went! But I had a great time shooting this event.

Below is a slideshow from the meet.  Email me if you don't already have the password.



Nikki, you are one talented young lady! It was a pleasure watching you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...