The Meditating Mantis


The Meditating Mantis is a gift shop focused on spiritual healing.  The store is a nicely renovated cottage in downtown Roswell, Georgia on 1025 Canton Street.  Canton Street is a quaint street with many different types of places to visit... and while you're there, you've got to check out The Meditating Mantis.

Connie Taylor is the president and CEO of The Meditating Mantis, who opened this gift shop over a year and a half ago.  When I met her at the gift shop last Friday, I went in there not really knowing what to expect.  I was greeted by the store manager, Kathy Ford, who showed me around while Connie was wrapping up her meeting with another person.  There were several rooms with different focus areas all related to Metaphysics.  I was intrigued, to say the least, with everything I saw... from singing bowls, meditation books, CDs, Buddha figurines, aroma therapy soaps and salts, healing crystals to angels, fairies and dragons.

While Kathy graciously showed me the different rooms, these two beguiling boxers followed us around.  Xander and Mojo are big dogs, but they look so docile that you wouldn't naturally think that the words, boxers and docile, can be used in the same sentence.  They checked me out to make sure I was safe to have around and they even let me pet them for a little bit.  I was pleased with this little surprise.  I'm a dog lover myself, and I actually wish more establishments would allow dogs.

When I finally got to meet Connie, I found her to be a kind, soft-spoken lady with an air of warm tranquility about her.  She used to be an antique dealer until she opened The Meditating Mantis.  I asked how she went from being an antiques dealer to a Metaphysics shop owner.  Connie then went to say that she grew up in Bogota, Colombia, where she was taught spiritual healing by her grandmother.  When she moved here with her family, she thought that metaphysics was perceived as taboo at the time.  Then life took its course and she worked as an antiques dealer.  Eventually, she sold the business and thought about what to do next... and Voila!  The Meditating Mantis came to be.

During our meeting, Connie talked about the different specialty items offered at her gift shop in more detail.  There is a Reiki Room and a Meditation Room, where various healing/therapy sessions and classes are held.  As we were walking around the different rooms, I felt the energy within each one.  It was very intriguing.

As a result of our meeting, The Meditating Mantis now sells Angela Donovan Photography products such as framed and matted limited edition prints, notecards and bookmarks.  When you stop by this gift shop, say hello to Connie... and Xander and Mojo too.


Here are some images from The Meditating Mantis photo gallery.










Images courtesy of The Meditating Mantis.

Special thanks to Marcie Cabarga for introducing The Meditating Mantis to Angela Donovan Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...